- Feature Links
- Permit Applications
Below are a list of permit applications accepted by the City of Cedar Falls:
- Building Permit Application - Residential
- Building Permit Application - Commercial
- Electrical Permit Application - Contractor
- Electrical Permit Application - Instructions Homeowners
- Land Use Permit Application: Residential properties including new construction, additions, fences, driveways, garages, and the like will need this permit. In addition, a building permit and stormwater pollution prevention plan (prior to new home construction) may be required.
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Movable Sign Permit Application: Sidewalk signs are allowed downtown and the College Hill Commercial District. A permit is necessary. Signs must be either next to the storefront of next to the curb, leaving at least 5' of public sidewalk.
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Right of Way Excavation Permit
- Sidewalk Permit Application - Required for any work in the city right of way.
- Sign Permit Application: New or replacement sign(s) must obtain this permit.
- Site Plan Application: Applies to commercial, multi-family, or residential (in an overlay district) property, when new construction, additions or redevelopment are proposed. In addition, a building permit and stormwater pollution prevention plan (prior to new home construction) are also required.
- Stormwater Polution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Permit Application