What is the zoning of my property?
The Zoning Ordinance is a set of policy guidelines adopted by the City Council to regulate the use of land, the location, size and height of signs and buildings, and the size of lots, yards and other open spaces. Zoning tells you what you can use your property for and what you can build on it. Each address in the City of Cedar Falls has a zoning designation attached to it. In order to find out the zoning classification for a property, call the Planning Services Department at (319) 273-8606. Be sure to have the address handy. Staff will need the location in order to look up the zoning designation.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I get a copy of the Comprehensive Plan for the City?
2. What is the zoning of my property?
3. How close to a property line am I allowed to build a house, garage, shed, etc?
4. How do I find my lot lines?
5. Can the City survey my property?