The City of Cedar Falls will be invoking a Snow Emergency Ordinance from 8:00 p.m. on December 28, 2022, until 7:00 a.m. on December 29, 2022, for the purpose of hauling snow from the Downtown and College Hill areas of the city.
This Snow Emergency will be in effect for the Downtown Parkade and College Hill areas only.
The parking prohibition will go into effect two hours from the time the declaration is made, making it enforceable starting at 10:00 p.m. on December 28. Any vehicle blocking traffic or parking in the designated area after that time will be subject to a citation and tow at the owner’s expense.
According to City Ordinance, parking is prohibited on each street marked with a sign displaying the words "Emergency Snow Route."
The following streets will be affected as part of this Snow Emergency:
- College Street from 20th to 23rd
- West 23rd from College to Campus
- Main Street from 1st to 5th
- 2nd Street from State to Franklin
- 3rd Street from State to Clay
- 4th Street from State to Washington
- 5th Street from State to Washington
- State Street from 2nd to 6th
- Washington Street from 1st to 6th
Cedar Falls Public Safety will be placing no-parking signage in the areas to correlate with the declaration as well. Motorists are asked to utilize municipal lots for the duration of this declaration.
Please contact Cedar Falls Public Works at (319) 273-8629 with any questions regarding City snow removal.