In observance of the upcoming holidays, the below Cedar Falls City facilities will be operating the following hours:
- City Hall – Closed December 23, December 26, and January 2.
- Hearst Center for the Arts – Closed December 23 through December 26. Closed December 31 through January 2.
- Cedar Falls Public Library and Cedar Falls Community Center – Closed December 24 through December 26. Closed January 1 and January 2.
- Cedar Falls Recreation and Fitness Center – Closing at 4:00 p.m. on December 24. Closed December 25. Open December 26 from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Closing at 4:00 p.m. on December 31. Closed January 1. Open 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on January 2.
- Cedar Falls Tourism & Visitors Bureau – Closed December 23, December 26, and January 2.
Due to the holiday, the Cedar Falls City Council will be holding its first meeting of 2023 on Tuesday, January 3.
Residents having December 23 as their collection day should place their cart out by 7:00 a.m. on December 22 for service.
The Transfer Station and Recycling Center will close at noon on December 24. Large item pickup will resume on December 28.
There will be no yard waste collection the week of January 2, 2023.
Christmas trees will be picked up by appointment only from January 9, 2023, through February 13, 2023. Call the Public Works Department to schedule an appointment at (319) 273-8629.
As a reminder to residents, yard waste pickup on Mondays beginning December through the end of March 2023 will be done on a call-in basis. Please call (319) 273-8629 with questions and to schedule a pickup.
Due to extreme weather, the Hearst Center for the Arts will be closing at 5:00 p.m. on December 22. The Public Library will also be closed December 22. The Recreation and Fitness Center will operate normal hours on December 22 but will be open Friday, December 23, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. only.