As Cedar Falls welcomes students back to the community this fall, the University of Northern Iowa and Cedar Falls Public Safety will be continuing to partner together to provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all, especially in the College Hill area.
Throughout the year, the UNI Department of Public Safety will be taking the below steps to help protect and serve students:
- In addition to regular vehicle patrols, UNI Police Department officers conduct bicycle and foot patrols of the campus
- UNI Police Department offers safety escorts on the campus as well as Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) classes (visit publicsafety.uni.edu/programs-rape-aggression-defense for information)
- UNI Police Department works collaboratively with Cedar Falls Public Safety and other local law enforcement agencies throughout the year
Cedar Falls Public Safety will be working with UNI by providing the following assistance:
- Increased officer staffing with visible proactive foot patrol teams will be present in the College Hill area
- State-of-the-art live feed surveillance cameras are located throughout the College Hill and Downtown districts
- Cedar Falls Public Safety continues to have a collaborative partnership with bar and restaurant owners to help ensure safe establishments for all patrons
If you have any questions regarding safety precautions in Cedar Falls, please contact Cedar Falls Public Safety at (319) 273-8612. For questions related to security at the University of Northern Iowa, please call (319) 273-2712 or visit publicsafety.uni.edu to get safety information for both students and parents.