During the Cedar Falls Planning and Zoning Commission meeting today at 5:30 p.m., the Commission will start the public hearing process to rezone properties for the areas included in the Imagine Downtown! project. This includes the downtown and surrounding neighborhoods (citizens can view the map where these proposed changes will be located at ourcedarfalls.com). These updates are an important step in implementing the Imagine Downtown! Vision Plan, adopted by the City Council in November 2019. The Plan was the result of public workshops that took place in 2019.
The Planning and Zoning Commission held several work sessions to understand the code and provide preliminary feedback in the previous months. On April 14, they will start formal consideration of the Regulating Plan and revised sections of the zoning ordinance. At that time, the Commission will encourage public comments. All community members are invited to attend the Planning and Zoning Meeting on April 14 to share their feedback. It is anticipated the Commission will also have a public hearing on April 28 regarding the potential changes.
The public may attend the meeting at City Hall and there will be COVID-19 precautions in place including social distancing, the use of face coverings by all those entering the building, and Plexiglas barriers for the seated commission members. Due to social distancing, public seating in the Council Chambers will be limited.
The meeting will also be available via videoconference. The public may access/participate in the following ways:
- By dialing the phone number +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 and when prompted, enter the meeting ID (access code): 886 2008 9534
- iPhone one-tap: +13126266799,,88620089534# or +19292056099,,88620089534#
- Join via smartphone or computer using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88620089534
- View the live stream on Channel 15 YouTube using this link: bit.ly/CFChannel15 (view only)
- Watch on Cedar Falls Cable Channel 15 (view only)
During the meeting, participants must click "Raise Hand" if connected by smartphone or computer, or press *9 if connected by telephone, to request to speak when allowed on the agenda. All participants will be muted by the presiding officer when not actually speaking.
View full agendas and materials for the upcoming and previous Planning and Zoning Commission meetings at www.cedarfalls.com/pzcommission.