In accordance with the emergency order issued by Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds on March 17, 2020, the City of Cedar Falls will instate the following actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our state. These actions will be effective Noon on March 17, 2020, and will continue until 11:59 PM on March 31, 2020, unless extended or shortened by the Governor:
- All Restaurants and Bars are closed to the general public. Food and beverages may be sold if such food or beverages are promptly taken from the premises, such as on a carry-out or drive-through basis, or if the food or beverage is delivered to customers off the premises.
- All fitness centers, health clubs, health spas, gyms, aquatic centers are closed.
- All theaters or other performance venues at which live performances or motion pictures are shown are closed.
- All casinos and other facilities conducting pari-mutuel wagering or gaming operations are closed.
- All facilities that conduct adult day services or other senior citizen centers are hereby closed.
- Mass Gathering: Social, community, spiritual, religious, recreational, leisure, and sporting gatherings and events of more than 10 people are prohibited at all locations and venues, including but not limited to parades, festivals, conventions, and fundraisers. Planned large gatherings and events must be canceled or postponed.
View the full declaration by Governor Reynolds at https://governor.iowa.gov/press-release/govreynolds-issues-a-state-of-public-health-disaster-emergency.
City staff will continue to work with the Iowa Department of Health and Black Hawk County Health Department to keep the community safe and informed. Stay updated by following the City of Cedar Falls on Facebook and Twitter (@citycf) and online at www.cedarfalls.com/prepare.