- Boards & Commissions
- Visitors & Tourism Board
Visitors & Tourism Board
This board is charged with enhancing the city’s economy by promoting Cedar Falls as an attractive visitor destination and a desirable location for meetings, conventions, special events and community attractions. The board also serves as the city’s reviewing agency and coordinator for all outside agency and special group requests for using hotel/motel tax proceeds in support of visitors and tourism services. Additionally, the board develops visitors and tourism programs based on the level of financial support provided by the City Council and other entities.
The Visitors and Tourism Board was established by Section 17-299 of the City Code. Meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 4:00pm at the Cedar Falls Visitors Center on Hudson Road. Meetings are open to the public.
- Board Agendas
- Board Minutes
- Board Packets
- Board Bylaws
- Strategic Plan (adopted September 3, 2019)
Seven members serve three-year terms:
- Brent Johnson - Term ends 07/01/2023
- Andy Woodrick - Term ends 07/01/2023
- Annie Gougler - Term ends 07/01/2024
- Michele Jensen - Term ends 07/01/2024
- Brooke Croshier-Sidebotham - Term ends 07/01/2025
- Amy Dutton - Term ends 07/01/2025
- Doug Johnson - Term ends 07/01/2025
City Staff Liaison
- Jennifer Pickar, Tourism and Cultural Manager
(319) 268-6991 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Appointment
Submit the General Application on the Boards & Commissions homepage, and check the checkbox for this board/commission. You’ll be notified when a board opening occurs for further consideration.