Planning & Zoning Commission
This commission reviews and provides recommendations to the City Council on a variety of planning-related matters. These include: implementation of the Comprehensive Plan, changes to zoning and subdivision ordinances, review of preliminary and final plats for subdivisions, development site plans, rezoning requests, public right-of-way vacations, easement vacations, and facade change requests.
The Planning and Zoning Commission was established by Section 18-19 of the City Code. Meetings are held the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at 5:30pm at City Hall. Meetings are open to the public, and are broadcast on Cedar Falls Channel 15 and livestreamed on YouTube.
- Commission meeting materials and videos
- Comprehensive Plan (2012)
Note: Agendas are posted the week prior to the meeting; register on the Notify Me page to receive an email notification when the latest agenda is poste
Nine members serve five-year terms:
- David Hartley - Term ends 11/01/2025
- Amanda Lynch - Term ends 11/01/2025
- Hannah Crisman - Term ends 11/01/2026
- Kristin Moser - Term ends 11/01/2026
- Alan Stalnaker - Term ends 11/01/2026
- Sloan Alberhasky - Term ends 11/01/27
- Oksana Grybovych Hafermann - Term ends 11/01/2027
- Brad Leeper - Term ends 11/01/2027
- Vacancy - Term ends 11/01/2028
City Staff Liaison
- Karen Howard, AICP, Planning & Community Services Manager
(319) 268-5169 | email@example.com
Apply for Appointment
Submit the General Application on the Boards & Commissions homepage, and check the checkbox for this board/commission. You’ll be notified when a board opening occurs for further consideration.