Beer & Liquor Licensing/Sidewalk Café

About Beer & Liquor Licensing

Applications for liquor licenses and beer permits must be submitted electronically to the Iowa Alcoholic Beverage Division. Completed applications must be received by the end of the day on the Friday 10 days prior to the scheduled City Council meeting to be considered for approval by the City Council.

Sidewalk Cafés

Establishments located in a C-3 Commercial Zoning District that serve food and alcoholic beverages may apply to the City to operate a sidewalk café on a public sidewalk next to their business. To obtain a sidewalk café permit, the completed application, permit fee, diagram and easement agreement must be submitted to the City Clerk's office. Links to the necessary documents and the ordinance are found below.