Pet/Poultry Licensing

About Pet/Poultry Licensing

Dogs, cats, and poultry four months old or older are required to be licensed annually by January 1.

  • Please get your dog, cat, and poultry licensed early, as fees double after March 31.
  • Licensing dogs and cats with proof of current rabies vaccination and proof of altering is required for the license.
  • A land use permit and poultry license is required for having on-site poultry. Click here to view the poultry informational handout listing regulations for raising backyard poultry, and a guide for preparing the land use permit application for the same.

Poultry Fees

  • Each poultry – $6 (Limit 10-female poultry only) 
  • Land Use permit required prior to licensing.

Dog/Cat Fees

  • Duplicate license and tag – $1
  • Each dog or cat that is altered – $6
  • Each dog or cat that is not altered – $12
  • Mailing each tag / license – $1
  • Paw Park Permits – $15 per dog
  • ONLINE dog or cat registration link
    Please send proof of dog and cat vaccination and alteration with fees.
    Materials for pet licensing by mail can be sent to:
    Attn: Pet License
    Cedar Falls City Hall
    220 Clay St.
    Cedar Falls, IA 50613

If you would like to be notified of pet-related announcements, please register for the city's Notify Me service.

The City of Cedar Falls contracts animal control services with the Cedar Bend Humane Society, including enforcement of the Cedar Falls Code of Ordinance Chapter 6: Animals.