About Pet/Poultry LicensingDogs, cats, and poultry four months old or older are required to be licensed annually by January 1.
- Please get your dog, cat, and poultry licensed early, as fees double after March 31.
- Licensing dogs and cats with roof of current rabies vaccination and proof of altering is required for the license.
- Each poultry – $6 (Limit 10-female poultry only)
- Land Use permit required prior to licensing.
- Duplicate license and tag – $1
- Each dog or cat that is altered – $6
- Each dog or cat that is not altered – $12
- Mailing each tag / license – $1
- Paw Park Permits – $15 per dog
- ONLINE dog or cat registration link
Please send proof of dog and cat vaccination and alteration with fees.
Materials for pet licensing by mail can be sent to:
Attn: Pet License
Cedar Falls City Hall
220 Clay St.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
If you would like to be notified of pet-related announcements, please register for the city's Notify Me service
The City of Cedar Falls contracts animal control services with the Cedar Bend Humane Society
, including enforcement of the Cedar Falls Code of Ordinance Chapter 6: Animals.