FALL MENS & MIXED LEAGUES
Age: 18 years or older
Dates: Begins late August
Days: Tuesdays &/or Thursdays evenings
Location: Birdsall Park
Home Run Limits:
- Mens Division I = 4
- Mens Division II & Mixed Leagues = 2
- Mens Division III & Church League = 1
- Only ASA approved bats may be used. Visit www.softball.org for a list of approved bats.
SUMMER ADULT LEAGUES
Summer season game play begins: Early May- 12 game season
Registration Deadline: Mid April.
|& 50 & Over*|
*Must be 50 by first game
Divisions divided based upon Teams Registered
Home Run limits:
4 = Men's Division 1
2 = Open Division, Men's D2 & Mixed
1 = Men’s Division 3 & Church
Only ASA approved bats may be used. Visit www.softball.org for a list of approved bats. Game Balls provided.
**5x5x5 Slow Pitch Softball - an introduction:
- The Team only needs five (5) players in a League
- Players usually get more at Bats, usually 6 to 10 at bats per game, often more than that.
- It’s different but you still need to hit, catch, and throw softball to win games.
- You get to play 2 different Positions per inning.
- The game encourages team cooperation, camaraderie, and sportsmanship.
- Instills new thought for ideas and methods the game we love.
- Infield team; A Five person team that plays Pitcher, first base, Second Base, third base and shortstops position for 3 outs per inning
- Outfield Team A Five person team that plays catcher, and the 4 outfield positions, for three outs per inning.
- Batting Team A Five or 6 person team that bats until 3 outs are recorded.
- Games are scheduled in 90 (ninety) minute intervals. No new inning will begin after 75 minutes. Tie games will be continued until a winner is determined.
- Each team plays defense for two-thirds of an inning (consisting of nine outs)
- A game is considered complete after 3 innings.