Maintain and improve the safety and desirability of Cedar Falls through the efficient delivery of public services, and the ongoing practice of open communication among Council, Staff, Mayor, and Citizens.
- Continue to provide a representative system that identifies and anticipates concerns, problems, and opportunities, which are effectively addressed with thoughtful and decisive governmental actions.
- Maintain and improve effective communications and marketing programs for the citizens of Cedar Falls.
- Deliver public services in a cost effective, efficient, professional, and timely manner.
- Equitably allocate the community’s resources in a manner which cost effectively accomplishes the City’s mission.
- Preserve the community’s physical, human, and aesthetic assets by assuring that “quality of life” services are available for the leisure, education, and cultural and personal enrichment of residents.
- Create an environment conducive to economic development.
- Select, train, motivate, and retain highly qualified employees who represent the City in a professional manner.