REC CENTER OFFICE HOURS
Any customer requesting a refund for:
• A Rental
• A Program Registration
• Or any other service which has been paid for
- All payments will be received at the time of scheduling or approval/finalizing of scheduling: facility rental including deposit fee, and program registration fees.
- A flat $10 handling fee may be assessed on refunds.
- No refund for Gift Cards.
- Extenuating circumstances may be considered with refund request, pending Division Supervisor/Manager approval. Reminder: apply consistency across all refunds.
- Refund options:
- Issue by City Check, need to allow for customers check to clear (5 business days) if they just paid. City Check can be done on a daily check usually within 4-5 days.
- Original credit card event/program reserved on. (reminder no credit card information may be saved/written down – due to PCI compliance (We cannot keep full card number, expiration date and 3-digit CVV code on file))
- User Account Credit (CivicRec items)
- If the Recreation Center is notified more than 5 business days prior to the event/start date, shall be charged 40% of the fee paid.
- If the Recreation Center is notified 5 business days or less prior to the event, start date, there shall be no refund.
- Orchard Hill Shelter and Pickleball Court Rentals are non-refundable.
- No fee assessed if cancellation is due to the City cancelling or program change (i.e. low participation) or if participant transfers to another section (prior to 7 days of start).
- Full refund, less a $10 handling fee, if cancelled 30 days prior to program start date.
- 60% refund (40% cancellation fee or $10 minimum handling fee whichever is higher) if 8-29 days prior to program start date.
- No refund if cancellation is less than 7 days prior to program start date.
- No refund if pass has been used.
- No fee assessed if cancellation is due to the City cancelling or program change (low participation) or if participant transfers to another section (prior to 7 days of start).
- Full refund, less $10 handling fee, if cancelled 45 days prior to program start date.
- 60% refund (40% cancellation fee or $10 minimum fee handling whichever is higher) if 1 – 44 days prior to program start date.
- If cancellation after start of CF Camp prorated weekly amount remaining less 40% cancellation fee.
Appeal process for patrons on refund amount
- Patron shall submit a written statement to the Division Supervisor/Manager, contesting the cancellation fee assessed. This shall be done within five business days from the date of notice of cancellation fee from the Division point of contact. Division Supervisor/Manager shall provide a written response to the patron within five business days of their decision.
- If Division Supervisor/Manager’s decision fails to resolve the complaint, the patron may within five business days of the receipt of the Division Managers decision, file a written appeal with the Division’s Commission or Board. Within 30 business days of the Division’s Commission or Board shall review the appeal and issue a written decision, unless time period is extended for good cause by the Division’s Commission or Board.
WEATHER RELATED CANCELLATIONS: Our first goal will be to hold the event as scheduled when reasonable. Should winter weather conditions be such a cancellation is necessary then staff will work with the renter to reschedule the event when possible. Should rescheduling the event not be possible then a refund will be granted minus a $10 processing fee or 15% of the rental fee.