Location: Lincoln and East Main
Acreage: 13.2 Acres
To Rent the Small Shelter:
- Shelters in the parks may be reserved in advance.To Book the Shelter, you may do so at The Cedar Falls Recreation and Fitness Center at 110 E. 13th St Cedar Falls or on-line
- Electricity cannot be guaranteed in the small shelter due to vandalism and/or weather conditions.
*Large Semi-Enclosed Shelter with Electricity & Water available with rental
*Small Picnic Shelter with Electricity available with rental
*Paved lot many uses including ice skating in the winter months
Trail Access: Big Wood Lake Trail
About the Park
This Park is on the former Clay Equipment Company site, originally known as the Iowa Gate Company.
Gateway Celebration Shelter
May be reserved in advance at the Rec Center by signing a contract and leaving a damage deposit. Deposits may be picked up after 3 days when returning the key after property has been checked by city staff to assure there was no damage.
Friday-Sunday & Holidays $110.00
Damage/Electric Deposit $250.00
- Please remember the park and thus the building by ordinance closes at 10:30pm so plan accordingly. A key to the facility can be picked up at the Rec Center up to 36 hours in advance of a rental and must be returned within 2 business days of the rental. Please check Rec Center OPEN hours. A fee will be assessed if a staff member is needed to assist you during closed hours.
- Electricity cannot be guaranteed due to vandalism and/or weather conditions. IF you need the electricity, you may pick up your electrical key 1 Day prior to your rental at the Rec Center during open hours www.cedarfalls.com/rechours and pay a $250 deposit-check is preferred. Deposits may be picked up after 3 working days if no damage has occurred and key has been returned.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age to rent the facility.
2. Understand the facility can only be used from 9:00am thru the park closing at 10:30pm.
3. Understand they are responsible for picking up all refuse and removing all bags of trash by closing time the day of the rental and placing it in the dumpster provided.
4. Understand that they may NOT use any form of tape, nails, hooks, thumb tacks, staples, sticky tacky substance or like products on walls, windows, doors, ceiling, or fans.
5. Understand they may not enter the building before 9:00am, store items overnight either before the rental or after the rental and must remove all items by 10:30pm.