No Charge but a donation is encouraged.
All Drop-In Events listed here are directed toward older adults (but not limited to) over 65. Regular hours are Monday from 8am–1pm, and Tuesday through Friday from 8 am–4 pm. Holiday hours may vary.
*These classes are an additional charge; inquire at the Community Center.
Rental of Community Center for Events
Private Events directed toward older adults over 65 such as organized card clubs, organized billiards/pool games or tournaments, and other events scheduled during regular hours (Monday from 8am–1pm, or Tuesday through Friday from 8 am–4 pm) on non-holiday weekdays and weekends when available: $13/hour. Outside regular Community Center hours: $30/hour.
All other events such as: weddings, wedding receptions, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, retirement parties, funeral luncheons, non-profit events, etc. are as follows:
Non-Holiday weekdays & weekends when available—Minimum 2 hour rental
Area of facility (includes staff cost):
|Main Hall and Dance Floor||$140|
For all rentals on weekends, holidays, and outside regular Community Center hours:
|Non-Beer and Wine Events||$250|
|Activities with Beer or Wine||$500|
- To rent the Community Center, please call (319) 277-1900 or email email@example.com. Please provide your name, contact information and dates/times needed.
- The Cedar Falls Community Center is not reserved, as a rental, until and unless the Community Center's Rental Contract form as been completed, signed, dated and the rental deposit and security deposit have been paid. Any reserved date must be accompanied by a completed contract.
- Must be at least 21 to rent the facility.
- There will be no admission charge for any event taking place at the Community Center unless such event is sponsored by a non-profit group and said charge has the written permission of the Community Center staff.
- No meal/food preparation is allowed, only catered or prepared food. Kitchen stove/oven is only for food warm-up.
- For events, other than weekdays from 8 am–4 pm, that run over the scheduled time there will be an additional charge of $50/hour or fraction there of plus the hourly facility fee for the rental.
- All late evening events are expected to be cleaned up and out of the facility by midnight.
- All renters are expected to include set up and clean up time in the original rental times.
- All renters are expected to return any and all tables, chairs, equipment, etc. to their original location before leaving. In order to make major adjustments in the table and chair locations during a rental, pre-approval must be granted by the rental agent and should be included in the rental contract.
- It is the renter’s responsibility to remove all garbage generated by their event. Garbage bags and a dumpster are available on site.
- Deposits are due in full 60 days in advance of the rental date or at the time of the rental if the contract is signed within the 60 days of the rental date. Failure to do so can void the agreement. All deposits will be held for 72 hours after any rental.
- The Community Center may be reserved up to one year in advance.
- For a complete listing of Community Center Rules & Regulations, including those for beer and wine events, call the Center at (319)-553-6925.