Building Inspection Services
- Initiate action on dangerous and unsafe structures, if needed
- Insures compliance on all construction, remodeling, improvements, and alternations in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare for the citizens of Cedar Falls
- Responsible for the enforcement of all federal, state, and local building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical codes
Refer to CF1Stop.com to see up-to-date progress on active permits.
The following codes are adopted for reference by the City:
- 2021 International Building Code
- 2021 International Residential Code
- 2021 International Fire Code
- 2009 ANSI A117.1 (Accessibility Code)
- 2020 National Electrical Code
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2021 National Fuel Gas Code
The following code is adopted by the State of Iowa and enforced by the City:
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
Plan submission requirements for commercial plan review:When submitting plans for a commercial plan review please deliver the following sets to the Building Inspection Services Division in the lower level of City Hall at 220 Clay Street:
- 2 signed and sealed construction sets for Building Inspections Services and either a building permit application or a plan review application.
Digital plans to be submitted either with the hard copies or can be submitted via CF1Stop once the permitted has been entered. Plans to be submitted are complete construction documents, site plan, landscaping plan, Civil site plan, and SWPPP plans and application.
In addition to the sets listed above the following will have to be separately submitted:
- A PDF of the construction documents and COMcheck via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If required please submit a set of construction document to the Black Hawk County Health Department. Please contact (319) 291-2413 with questions.