What We Do
- Many of the Planning Division activities require close coordination with the Inspection Services Division and the Engineering Division.
- Prepare long range development plans for the city, including development of a comprehensive plan and land use maps, and also administer and enforce the city's zoning ordinance.
- Review all building permit applications within the city to insure that new construction or building renovations comply with zoning regulations which control such issues as building setbacks, on-site parking, signage and floodplain regulations.
- Work closely with the City Planning and Zoning Commission on a variety of issues such as long range planning, property rezoning, subdivision plats, and other planning and development issues. Manage the Cedar Falls Board of Adjustment, which considers variance applications from individuals who are seeking relief from zoning ordinance regulations.
Code Enforcement Officer
- City Planner
- Two Assistant Planners
- City Code Enforcement Officer
The City Code Enforcement Officer works within the Planning Division with principal enforcement efforts focusing on nuisance code enforcement, building maintenance codes, zoning code enforcement, and other miscellaneous code enforcement matters. The Code Enforcement Officer also assists other city departments with enforcement issues as they arise.