About Pet Licensing
- Dogs and cats four months old or older are required to be licensed annually by January 1.
- Please get your pet tags early, as fees double after March 31.
- Proof of current rabies vaccination and proof of altering is required for the license.
- Duplicate license and tag – $1
- Each dog or cat that is altered – $6
- Each dog or cat that is not altered – $12
- Mailing each tag / license – $1
- Paw Park Permits – $15 per dog
Please send proof of vaccination and alteration with fees.
If you would like to be notified of pet-related announcements, please register for the city's Notify Me service
The City of Cedar Falls contracts animal control services with the Cedar Bend Humane Society
, including enforcement of the Cedar Falls Code of Ordinance Chapter 6: Animals.