About the Investigator
|Police Operations has had it's own crime lab for over forty years. Investigator Brian Shock was appointed to the crime lab in 2008 and is responsible for the collection, processing, and storage of evidence for cases in Cedar Falls.
- Trained and authorized in conducting marijuana analysis through DCI Crime Lab
- Advanced crime scene investigation training through the Iowa Division of the Iowa International Association for Identification (Iowa I.A.I)
- DNA collection training through the DCI Crime Lab and DOJ
- Latent print classification, comparison, and identification training through the F.B.I.
- Footwear comparison training through Forensic ITC Services
- Annual Continued education through the Iowa I.A.I.
Investigator Shock has a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice through Upper Iowa University and an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Police Science through Hawkeye Community College. He is a certified police officer through the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy and a certified instructor through the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy where he teaches crime scene recording, photography, fingerprinting, and Radar/Lidar. He is also an adjunct instructor at Hawkeye Community College. He has served on the board of the Iowa I.A.I. since 2010, appointed vice president in 2013, and was elected president for 2014.