About the Park
Acquired in 1920, this park at one time had a 9-hole golf course next to the Cedar River and has a large open play field. The golf course was permanently destroyed with the 2008 floods. The land was originally donated by Henry Pfeiffer and a gift of $10,000 to build the golf course with the stipulation that the park be named for his Brother, Washington Pfeiffer. This park is adjacent to an interesting stretch of river, with opportunities for observation of migratory birds wintering on the open river and views of activity along the popular recreation trail on the opposite bank.
Reconstruction of this area has remade this park into a vast recreational area with multiple shelters and water enjoyable areas. Great for family picnic days.