Go To Search
Click to Home


Overman Park
Overview

 

Shelter at Overman Park

 

Location
Third and Clay
Get Directions 

Acreage: 2.3 Acres

 

Overman Park Band Shell

 

About the Park
The earliest documented Park in Cedar Falls, acquired in 1853. This Park is a traditional commons occupying a full block in the Vintage Home District near downtown. The meticulously detailed, ornate Bandshell reinforces the Parks function as the focal point of the oldest neighborhood in Cedar Falls. It has straight walks leading from the corners of the Park to the center, dividing it into four equal quadrants.

This property was donated to the City of Cedar Falls by John Overman as home for the Black Hawk County Courthouse and was originally called "Court House Square".

For questions regarding this park shelter, you will need to go to:  Overman Park Shelter Rental
The Cedar Falls Recreation Center is not responisible for the rental of this particular shelter.

 

View of City Hall at Overman Park

 

Facilities

  • Open Shelter-Rental Fee $50/hr 
  • Cedar Falls Municipal Bandshell
  • Pioneer Cabin Replica
  • Picnic Area
  • Park Benches

Close Up of Band Shell