Safe Winter Travel
Tips for Safe Winter Travel
Remember - Too fast . . . Too close . . . Too late . . .
- Stay informed of the weather forecast.
- Maintain your vehicle in top condition.
- Dress warmly and store a blanket, shovel and flashlight in your vehicle.
- Clear frost and snow from all windows, mirrors and lights prior to traveling.
- Reduce your driving speed when traveling in less than ideal weather and road conditions.
- Allow extra travel time to get to your destination.
- Stretch your distance between other vehicles and be extra observant of traffic in front of you.