Ice & Snow Events
Tips for Ice & Snow Events
- Put safety first. Drive only if necessary.
- If possible, find off street parking for your vehicles until streets have been plowed.
- Reduce your speed. Snow plows travel slower than other vehicles.
- Maintain a safe distance to the rear of trucks spreading salt or sand.
- Do not stop directly behind a snowplow. Frequent backing is necessary during snow plowing operations, and visibility is restricted.
- Do not allow children to build snow forts or tunnels next to the street.
- If it snows on your garbage collection day, keep your automated garbage cart in your driveway. Do not set the cart in the street!