Hours-April 1, 2014-November 2014
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm- Last load taken at 5:45 pm
Saturday, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm- Last load taken at 2:45 pm
The transfer station is located at East 15th Street and State Street.
Schedule – Excluding Holidays
Yard Waste Only
Monday's, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Solid Waste and Small Quantities of Yard Waste
Tuesday - Friday, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday's, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- A nominal fee of $.75 per bag is charged for bagged yard waste and solid waste dropped off at the Transfer Station.
- The rates are $57.50 per ton or $0.028 per pound for Solid waste and $59.15 per ton or $0.029 per pound for Demolition material.
- Shingles are $30.00 per ton for clean shingles. Fee for contaminated shingles is $59.15 per ton, plus a $10.00 surcharge fee per ton.
The transfer station accepts:
- Household refuse, Demolition material and Yard waste.
- The transfer station can recycle scrap metal, appliances, tires, computers and televisions. These items are charged a recycling fee. There is no charge for scrap metal
- Non-contaminated used engine oil and used oil filters can be disposed of at the transfer station at no charge.
- Shingle Recycling is now offered. See shingle recycling guideline packet. Shingle recycling guidelines
What the transfer station does not accept:
Batteries, asbestos, propane tanks, fertilizers, paint, anti-freeze, hazardous waste, concrete, rock, dirt, RR ties, and other items deemed unacceptable by Transfer Station employees.