Cedar Falls Recycling Center
The Recycling Drop Off Center is located next to the Transfer Station in the 1500 block of State Street. The recycling center is open 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday and from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Saturday.
Items Accepted at the Recycling Center
- Tin Cans
- Clear and Colored Glass
- Office Paper
- Plastics- #1-7
- Plastic Grocery Bags
- Cooking oil without food residue is accepted only at the 15th Street site
- Phone Books (accepted May-August)
- Styrofoam is accepted only at the Main Recycling Site at 15th and State, Panther Parkway and Greenhill Village remote sites. Packing peanuts must be bagged.
All containers should be clean.
Items accepted at the transfer station for a $7.50 fee:
Household Recycling Substations
- A/C units
- Water heaters
- Water Softeners
- Garbage disposals
- Computers-$5.00 fee
- Televisions (console/box) $5.00 fee
| Car / Small Truck: $2.50 off rim, $5.00 on rim
Truck / Tractor: $6.50 off rim, $9.00 on rim
View Our Recycling Brochure
The City of Cedar Falls operates five remote recycling sites:
- Panther Parkway on the UNI Campus
- Point West
- Fareway on Magnolia Drive
- Wind Grace Community off south Main Street
- Greenhill Village at 4507 Algonquin Drive
All sites are operational 24 hours a day.
Recycling Center Map
Unless otherwise noted, all items from the above list are accepted at the remote sites.
|Items Not Accepted
- Oil Bottles
- Gas Cans
- Aerosol Cans
- Chemical Containers
- Wrapping Paper
Recycling for Special Events
|Fluorescent Bulb Recycling
The City does not recycle fluorescent bulbs at this time.
Recycling equipment for special events is now available from the Black Hawk County Solid Waste Management education team, Waste Trac, at 657 Reserve Drive in Cedar Falls (near Hartman Reserve Nature Center). Equipment is free to use. A refundable deposit and application are required. Click this link
for more information.