Acreage: 13.2 Acres
To Rent the Small Shelter:
- Shelters in the parks may be reserved in advance.To Book the Shelter, you may do so at The Cedar Falls Recreation and Fitness Center at 110 E. 13th St Cedar Falls or on-line
- Electricity cannot be guaranteed in the small shelter due to vandalism and/or weather conditions.
*Large Semi-Enclosed Shelter with Electricity & Water available with rental
*Small Picnic Shelter with Electricity available with rental
*Paved lot has many uses including ice skating in the winter months
Trail Access: Big Wood Lake Trail
About the Park
This Park is on the former Clay Equipment Company site, originally known as the Iowa Gate Company.
Gateway Celebration Shelter
Friday-Sunday & Holidays $110.00
- Must be at least 18 years old to rent the Facility.
- Understand the Facility can be used from 6:00am-10:30pm (park hours) and there is no overnight storage.
- It is the Renter's responsibility to pick up the electrical key with 24 hours of the rental.
- A fee will be assessed if a staff member is needed to assist you during closed hours. Open Hours
- Understand you are responsible for picking up all refuse and removing bags of trash by closing time the day of the rental and placing it in the dumpster provided. Additional Trash bags for your event may be picked up at The Cedar Falls Recreation and Fitness Center.
- Understand you may NOT use any form of tape, nails, hooks, thumb tacks, staples, sticky tacky substance or like products on walls or ceiling.
- Encouraged to report any damage or issues you might find or see upon arriving at the Facility by calling the Rec Center 319-273-8636.
- If you plan to have: live music, kegs, play structure, stage, sell alcohol or charge admission, you must inform the Rec Center at the time of reservation.
- Agree to properly maintain the Facility for said rental period and to leave the Facility in the same condition or better as received at the time of rental.
- Hereby assume any and all liability for damages to the Facility caused by the lessee or the invitee, and any and all liability for damage by reason of any accidents not attributable to any inherently dangerous condition upon the City Property.
- Understand that no political event may be held at the Shelters.