Building Inspection Services
- Initiate action on dangerous and unsafe structures, if needed
- Insures compliance on all construction, remodeling, improvements, and alternations in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare for the citizens of Cedar Falls
- Responsible for the enforcement of all federal, state, and local building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical codes
Refer to CF1Stop.com to see up-to-date progress on active permits.
View map of open permits.
The following codes are adopted for reference by the City:
- 2021 International Building Code
- 2021 International Residential Code
- 2021 International Fire Code
- 2009 ANSI A117.1 (Accessibility Code)
- 2020 National Electrical Code
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2021 National Fuel Gas Code
The following code is adopted by the State of Iowa and enforced by the City:
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
Plan submission requirements for commercial plan review:When submitting plans for a commercial plan review please deliver the following sets to the Building Inspection Services Division in the lower level of City Hall at 220 Clay Street:
- 3 signed and sealed construction sets for Building Inspections Services
- 1 signed and sealed construction set for Fire Service Division
- 1 signed and sealed set of civil set for Engineering Services
After plans are checked into our permitting system you will receive and email requesting the following electronic drawings be uploaded to CF1Stop:
- Site Plan for review by Planning and Community Services
- Civil Site Plans for review by Engineering Services
- SWPPP plan and application
In addition to the sets listed above the following will have to be separately submitted:
- A PDF of the construction documents and COMcheck via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If required please submit a set of construction document to the Black Hawk County Health Department. Please contact (319) 291-2413 with questions.